Re: New round of Working Drafts (was Re: New split-out drafts)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 02:23:07 -0800
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Feb 3, 2010, at 1:58 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Paul Cotton wrote:
>
>> 3. References
>>
>>> [HTML5]
>>> HTML5, I. Hickson. WHATWG, August 2009.
>>
>> The HTML5 reference in this document points to the WHAT WG version of
>> HTML5.  This reference should be changed in the W3C FPWD to point to the
>> W3C version of HTML5.
>
> Why?

It would be fine (as far as I'm concerned) to point to both the W3C and WHATWG versions, like XHR does:
http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#ref-html5

I think omitting mention of the W3C copy is a weird thing for a W3C spec to do. In this case, especially so since the WHATWG copy actually contains most of the text of the Microdata spec itself.

Regards,
Maciej