Re: Understanding the "applicable specifications" clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41))

Henri Sivonen, Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:32:20 +0200:
> On Jan 31, 2010, at 23:11, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>
>> http://www.amplesdk.com/examples/aml/maps/
>>
>> The page is served as text/HTML (more specifically with the HTML5
>> doctype) - to all Web browsers, and implements AmpleSDK's XML language
>> - AML - with namespaces and everything, inside the <script> element.
>>
>> Perhaps limiting namespaces to the <script> element and children of the
>> <script> element is worth a shot? (My 2.5 cent.)
>
> The whole point of this technique is that the script element has no
> element children when parsed as text/html. Putting an XML-looking
> text child in script is already a permitted extension point.
> (However, the xmlns:aml="http://www.amplesdk.com/ns/aml" bit on the
> script start tag is not permitted by the spec.)

OK - got it. ;-) But then there should also be no risk in allowing
xmlns:aml="etc" on the very <scrip> element, I presume?
--
leif halvard silli