Re: suggestion for abolition of <hgroup>

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:16:08 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 28/12/2010 20:35, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Can you show me a page with two levels of subtitles?

well page no (but plenty of paper publications) traditionally of course
single books got split up for the web "web page <--> paper page" but
modern browsers can take much bigger publications as a single document
(the html5 spec comes to mind) and that together with html5 having a
more defined outlining mechanism would, I would expect, lead people to
have multi chapter works (quite possibly with subtitles at chapter or
section level) as a single document rather than chunking them into
separate documents for web delivery.

David