RE: suggestion for abolition of <hgroup>

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 09:38:34 -0800 (PST)
To: "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, "'James Clark'" <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:

> In practice there's no need for a generic solution since the author of
> the
> CSS also controls the markup.

Actually, I have to disagree. One of the main reasons we've been told for
the new algorithm is that content that is/was syndicated from elsewhere
could be integrated into a 'blog' or similar aggregate and the semantic
structure would be adjusted to remain meaningful in context. In those
cases, the author of the CSS and the author of the HTML would be
completely different, and quite possibly not even in coordination.

JF