Re: role=presentation must not be applied to focusable elements

From: David Bolter <david.bolter@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:51:35 -0500
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Marco Zehe <marco.zehe@googlemail.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Right or wrong, exposing a role string (BSTR) for roles that don't have
any fathomable MSAA role mapping is a FF tradition that AT now expects.
As for exposure of the object, I don't expect we will change our
heuristic of always exposing focusable elements (except I'm still
mulling this over for aria-hidden subtrees). I find the Chrome behavior
interesting... to move focus to the parent. Does this happen even when
not launched in accessible mode?

Cheers,
David