Re: ISSUE 30 @longdesc use cases

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> > Elements that are not hidden should not link to or refer to elements
> > that are hidden.
>
> This, however I don't agree with. Why should this not be permitted? What
> problem is solved by forbidding this?

It solves the problem of someone accidentally linking to a section that is
hidden (which they obviously wouldn't do on purpose, since the hidden
section is by definition irrelevant, so linking to it would be pointless),
and then realising their mistake when the validator points it out.

In your suggestion, the text is not irrelevant. It's very relevant.