Update on Issue-27, was: ACTION-182 and Issue-27

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:23:57 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

here's an update on where we are with testing the IANA registry, as seen
by one of the IETF-appointed Designated Experts:

1) There have been two registration attempts for link relations:

1a) "alternate"
-- this currently is stuck because we haven't agreed on what the URI for
the referenced document should be; Ian proposed
<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#rel-alternate>, while I
think the registration should point to something more permanent, like an
actual Working Draft. Advice from the HTML WG appreciated.

1b) "pingback"
-- this currently is stuck in that the referenced document
(<http://www.hixie.ch/specs/pingback/pingback>) may not satisfy the
requirements in
see follow up mails for a discussion about how to proceed.

2) There has been one registration attempt for two new pieces of
application data in the registry
For these we had several questions about the actual fields, their
defaults, and what spec to reference
For the technical questions, I'll start separate threads over here,
because we'd like to see whether there's a WG consensus behind these

Best regards, Julian