Re: ISSUES 90, 91, 93, 96, 97 -- if you DON'T support these change proposals, support zero-change instead

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:22:34 -0700
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was hoping to get responses such as those you've asked for.
>
> I can't believe that people dislike ALL of the change proposals,
> equally. I think that the fact that the co-chairs grouped these from
> the beginning has left them grouped, regardless of what people think
> about the individual items.
>
> If some have less resistance than others, then I can figure out if I
> need to strengthen my change proposals more, or consider dropping a
> couple in order to focus on the rest.
>
> With them grouped, I'm stymied as to action, because these items are
> not the same. They are very different constructs. I don't understand
> the same reasons being applied to ALL the items.

The same reasons are not applied to all of them; I have no idea why
you keep asserting this.

The counter-proposals clearly state the reasoning behind each
individual element, and why they're valuable.  There is then,
additionally, a shared section listing some reasoning that is common
to all the elements.

~TJ