Re: Gloss standard terminology for resource/representation (ISSUE-81 Change Proposal)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 02:09:08 -0700
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

On Apr 29, 2010, at 1:47 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 29.04.2010 10:31, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> Do you object to the Call for Consensus to close this issue without
>> prejudice? If so, are you volunteering to do the work you think is
>> needed?
>
> Yes, I do object. Can we please discuss the contradiction between
> what Ian said and what the spec now says and not pretend we're done?

Why is the apparent contradiction between Ian's mailing list
statements and what the spec says of interest to the Working Group?
Our interest is in the contents of the spec, not the contents of
people's emails. Will this line of discussion lead to a proposed
change to the draft?

> And no, at this time I'm not volunteering to write a CP; I'd like to
> see the WG actually *discuss* this.

Quoting the original Call for Consensus:
"If we get objections and no reasonable plan of action, then we will
look to resolve the issue promptly by means such as a survey."

Therefore, that is the route we are likely heading down.

Regards,
Maciej