Re: ISSUE-114 (rel-canonical-organization): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:49:58 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: public-html WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:03:55 -0700
Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> "link tag: rel: associate pages about the same organization across
> many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a
> confusingly indistinct name"

I'd be happy to write proposals for issues 114 and 115.

The gist of the proposal would be that the existing RDFa and Microdata
extensions already cover these two cases syntactically and that no spec
changes are needed; the proposal would also suggest publishing a
vocabulary to cover the use cases, along with RDFa and Microdata
recipes using the vocabulary.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>