Change Proposal - 4.2.2 The title element / Standard metadata names

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:57:35 -0400
To: <dean.leigh@deanleigh.co.uk>
CC: <public-html@w3.org>

From: dean.leigh@deanleigh.co.uk
> I would like to add 2 items that I should have included:
> one) releasing <h1> to be used as intended
> 2.       Clarification of the relationship between metadata and content i.e.
> what happens if metadata page title differs from content page title, should
> it differ?
Obviously I think that that the semantic identicalness of these  (titles, meta titles, and visible document headers)
is to some degree up to the content author -
though I agree that more strictness in this regard would stop some 'web spamming' or whatever  --
if that is what you are trying to get at.
C. E. Whitehead