Re: Change Proposal for Issue 110 ("Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type")

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:45:46 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
On 04/15/2010 11:32 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 15.04.2010 17:21, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> ..
>> If you like, you can submit separate change proposals, but each must
>> specify an actual proposal, and not a list of things that need to be
>> solved or investigated.
>
> Ok, did so by removing the paragraph mentioning the alternative approach:

[snip]

> DETAILS
>
> Make the specified change controllers consistent.

That removes the item to be investigated, but leaves the item to be solved.

A change proposal must make an actual proposal.  What do you propose the
change controller for text/html to be?  What do you propose that the
change controller for text/html-sandboxed be?  And why do you make that
specific proposal?

This level of information is necessary for the Working Group to evaluate
the proposal, and ultimately make a decision.  We can't hand the editor
a decision that says "make this edit" unless we actually specify what
that edit is.

- Sam Ruby