Re: ISSUE-100, ISSUE-89, ISSUE-106

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:14:51 -0700
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>

On Apr 14, 2010, at 9:45 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Two of my proposals are still listed as the chairs reviewing, without
> call for counter-proposal or responding to the content.
>
> Issue 89 has to do with removing the idioms section. There was no
> discussion on this one. Perhaps we could just go for call for
> consensus.
>
> Issue 100 has to do with srcdoc. There's already a counter-proposal on
> this, but the discussion has only been between three people. I'm not
> sure how interested folks are in this one. Regardless, are you doing
> to call for counter proposals on this? Do we have some finish
> deadlines for this one?
>
> I have a third issue I raised, 106, on "obsolete but conforming" .  I
> may try to put through a change proposal on this, but if I do, I can't
> shepherd it through the decision process. My invited expert agreement
> expires May 11, and I'm  not renewing it. If someone is willing to see
> it through the process, I'll try to get something written up.

Here's the current status of these issues, based on the issue status
page most recent discussions of the Chairs:

ISSUE-89 has not been put up for a call for counter-proposals yet. We
didn't do so this week because so many issues are in flight, and we
want to work to get some resolved. But we may put it up soon.

ISSUE-100 has already received a counter-proposal with a formal call
for volunteers. We likely will not issue a formal call for counter-
proposals unless someone indicates a desire to make a proposal
substantially different from the current ones (i.e. remove srcdoc, or
no change). Rather, we will try to resolve the issue based on
proposals before the group.

ISSUE-106 has a Call for Proposals pending and due on May 6th.

Hope this helps,
Maciej