Re: Issue 100 Zero-Edits Counter Proposal

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:43:47 -0700
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, public-html@w3.org
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>

On Apr 14, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Amicable resolution is based on mutually agreed upon course of action
> that evolves naturally, not one person telling the other to do
> something, disregarding the previous communications. For instance, in
> Issue 92, you had a comment about the table footer in the example, and
> I made a change.

Please consider Tab's remarks as suggestions rather than orders, and
treat them accordingly. This can include politely declining his
suggestion if you do not feel it improves your Change Proposal.

I would note also that advice on Change Proposals from the Chairs
should also largely be treated as suggestions. We may reject a Change
Proposal if it doesn't end up meeting the Change Proposal requirements
after a reasonable time to revise, but we generally won't order people
to make specific changes.

Regards,
Maciej