Re: change proposal for issue-86, was: ISSUE-86 - atom-id-stability - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:25:31 +0000 (UTC)
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:

> If there is a consensus to fix these and other bugs, then I would
> support an Atom mapping remaining in the W3C HTML5 spec.

I'm happy to fix real bugs, if they are reported. Bug 7806, however, has
already been fixed to the extent possible in the HTML5 spec. What Julian
escalated was not the original reported bug, which was in fact fixed; what
he escalated was a request to say that if an implementation didn't conform
to the Atom specification in one very specific case that is arguably not
always possible to achieve, that implementation should _also_ be
considered not conforming to the HTML specification. This seems to me to
be idealistic language lawyering with no value.