Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-82 (Profile-Disambiguation), was: ISSUE-82 - profile-disambiguation - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:06:53 -0700
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Apr 8, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> Ian, what was the reason for keeping the .profile attribute in the
>> HTML5
>> spec?
>
> Matching implementations.
>

>> If implementations indicate that they are willing to remove it, would
>> you remove it from the spec?
>
> As with everything, absolutely.

It seems to me like the current draft text is largely acceptable,
except possibly the issue of the DOM API.

Jonas: do you feel strongly about removing the DOM API before we close
ISSUE-82, or are you satisfied to wait until we have more data on the
compat impact?
Ian: are you willing to remove the DOM API for now, or would you
strongly prefer to keep it until we have more data on the compat impact?

Once we figure out the right approach this sub-issue, we can do a CfC
for amicable resolution.

Regards,
Maciej