Re: change proposal for issue-86, was: ISSUE-86 - atom-id-stability - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:53:42 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On 04/09/2010 10:04 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Note: the removal of this part should be applied to all variants of the
> spec, be it in W3C space or not.

Paraphrasing Maciej[1]:

As a side note, be aware that a Change Proposal cannot stop anyone from
proposing any additional drafts they want. A Change Proposal can only
change existing drafts or propose new drafts. Thus, the sentence quoted
above cannot be fulfilled by adopting a Change Proposal.  We[2] suggest
removing this sentence for clarity. If this Change Proposal is adopted
by the Working group without that sentence being removed, then that
specific sentence will be considered inoperative.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0183.html

[2] Full disclosure: I haven't checked with Maciej and Paul on this yet,
but I'm confident that they will agree.