Re: Styling Controls

From: Mike Taylor <miketaylr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:36:54 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
On 4/7/10 9:31 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs@apple.com>  wrote:

>>> No, no, I really don't want credit for this. Maciej deserves all the
>>> credit.

>>> Yes, I will be curious to see the CSS WG's reactions to this sudden
>>> and intense desire to style form elements.
>>>
>> At least in the case of the WebKit project, interest in styling form
>> controls is not sudden. As I mentioned in an earlier email, it's something
>> we've been working on in our implementation for years.
>>
>> However, your analysis of the tradeoffs between built-in semantic elements
>> and hand-rolled controls, as well as the WebKit project's recent progress on
>> implementing new HTML5 form controls, has made these issues much more
>> salient.
>>

> Which of the new form elements and declarative elements has Webkit
> implemented? Are they in the nightlies? Is this documented somewhere?

Here's a timely blog post on Ajaxian listing a few (unofficial) sites
that try to document support:

http://ajaxian.com/archives/html5-forms-what-support-is-there

-Mike