Re: native elements versus scripted

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:24:54 -0500
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
I did want to add an addendum and clarification.

Mike Taylor (http://twitter.com/miketaylr) pointed out to me on
Twitter[1] that we can use the CSS selectors to provide some overall
styling for the new elements, such as using the following:

(css) [type=date] {font: bold 42px 'Hobo Std';color:orangered;}
          <input type="date">

We can't style the individual components of the objects that open, but
we can "cast" a general setting on the overall element, which is
inherited by the opened control. I'm assuming this presentational
behavior will apply to the other browsers, too.

Shelley

[1] http://twitter.com/miketaylr/status/11708590365