Re: ISSUE-96 Change Proposal

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:20:59 -0700
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Cc: Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was sold. And now you're telling me, this is nothing more than a bridge?

http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/introduction#co-evolution explains it
pretty well. It starts out with

"WAI-ARIA is intended to be a bridging technology."

And later says

"It is expected that, over time, host languages will evolve to provide
semantics for objects that previously could only be declared with
WAI-ARIA. This is natural and desirable, as one goal of WAI-ARIA is to
help stimulate the emergence of more semantic markup."

/ Jonas