RE: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 15:42:01 +0000
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
CC: Technical Architecture Group <tag@w3.org>, Eliot Graff <eliotgra@microsoft.com>, Tony Ross <tross@microsoft.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>
On Friday, March 26, 2010 1:53 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> I took an action item from the TAG yesterday to convey the following
> request:
>
>      The W3C TAG requests there should be in TR space a document
>      which specifies how one can create a set of bits which can
>      be served EITHER as text/html OR as application/xhtml+xml,
>      which will work identically in a browser in both bases.
>      (As Sam does on his web site.)

[snip]

> I filled in a bit of context based on my understanding of the problem
> domain.  I'm copying the TAG in case any of these additions
> misrepresents what is being requested.  I personally don't have the
> bandwidth to edit such a spec, but I would be quite willing to review,
> comment, and contribute to such a spec.

Hi Sam,

I'd like to volunteer to make a start on this document. Eliot Graf has the bandwidth to edit the document and Tony Ross would also like to contribute. I know from the telcon discussion last week that with at least your and Philippe's input we should be able to make good progress quickly.

I await a decision from the chairs to see if you'll accept our offer to edit the spec.

Cheers,

Adrian.