Re: ISSUE-81 (resource vs representation)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:33:48 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I meant when using "resource" in the sense of the octet sequence
> actually retrieved. tel: and mailto: URLs cannot be stored in the
> Application Cache (the original context of the discussion).

"tel" and "mailto" are URL/URI schemes, right? Are you saying that the
average reader of the HTML5 does *not* understand URL/URI as an
identifier for a resource? Honestly?

This discussion really doesn't get us anywhere. What's clear is that if
the confusion remains in the spec, or the spec even gets worse by
changing the definition of resource to bag of bits, there will be formal
objections.

BR, Julian