Re: ISSUE-81 (resource vs representation)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:45:50 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> More generally, I don't think it makes sense to require HTML5 to use
> words with multiple meanings as technical terms in the exact same way as
> dependency specifications. There are too many dependencies, and they use
> words in different ways. I would only be concerned if there is actual
> confusion (as opposed to the purely hypothetical confusion in this case).

Not sure what counts as "dependency" specification. I'm ready to believe
that HTML5 currently references other specs that get this wrong, too.
But what's relevant here are the specs that define the term.

Furthermore, as explained earlier, HTML5 is inconsistent in itself; and
that's something that should be fixed. If "Foobar" is the thing
identified by a URL (HTML5) then it simply can't be a bag-of-bits at the
same time.

BR, Julian