Re: WebIDL

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:38:26 -0700
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
To: Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>
> I did not single out Replaceable in my efforts to understand.

Sure, but it is certainly odd and I wanted to recount some of the
history, just so you'd know not to over-attend to it. ;-)

WebIDL comes from OMG IDL, much of the precedent is documented in
various online sites, CORBA books, etc. It's not all that strange or
bad, just a bit "'90s big OOP system" in flavor.

To understand it all takes a while, and Maciej allowed as how some of
it could be cut without harm. Maybe we should start there.

/be