Re: itemheader names <h>

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:50:23 +0200
To: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>
CC: HTML WG Public List <public-html@w3.org>, Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Jim Jewett On 09-09-23 00.11:

> Maybe it is time to create that 19th, and explicitly indicate that the
> semantics are either "header for the nearest enclosing element" or
> "header for the nearest enclosing block-level element" -- in which
> case there is a problem coming up with a good but sufficiently generic
> name.
>
> But as long as we're thinking generic instead of figure-specific,
> maybe the answer is a simple <h>.

The name should be such that it prompts authors to fill it with
relevant caption-like content. Even if authors use it for the
correct functions, we may end up with things like this:

I have previously suggested <context>. May be that was too
abstract.  Instead, how about ... ahem ..

	<about>

?
--
leif halvard silli