Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:37:47 -0500
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>

Toby Inkster wrote:

> Exactly how to find these attributes which match those six characters
> is left up to the developer of the implementation - the developer will
> choose whichever method is most appropriate for the environment the
> implementation is expected to be run on. In terms of the DOM, I've
> found looping through the Node.attributes collection and checking the
> name property of each to be an effective method. That's the method
> I've used in Javascript and in Perl (libxml).
Yes, exactly.  Another strategy is to walk up the tree discovering
prefix declarations.  I have a sample implementation that does this and
caches the results so that it is not super-inefficient.  It just depends
on what you are trying to accomplish.  There's a version of that library
in the XHTML2 wiki at [1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/wiki/CurieJavascript