Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:17:41 -0500
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> The question is if there's a defined precise way to do it. As I
> showed, there are at least 5 different ways to do it, which one is
> correct.
>
> I think I found the code that extracts prefix mappings, and it appears
> that it uses method 3. So my question is, why is this more correct
> than any of the other 4 methods i proposed?

It's not.  Modulo the issue with collisions, which I have already
acknowledged as an edge case we should specify.  It doesn't matter.  Its
an implementation choice, and it is based upon the implementor's
knowledge of the environment they are targeting.  My implementation, for
example, uses NONE of those methods.  But I am convinced it would render
the same prefix mappings.  It really, really, really doesn't matter.  We
aren't making this up.