[Fwd: Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD]

(cc'ing the HTML WG mailing list)

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:59:14 +0200
  • Subject: Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD
  • To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
  • CC: Kevin Haas <khaas@yahoo-inc.com>, Evan Goer <goer@yahoo-inc.com>
Dear All,

I'm not intending to jump into the subject matter of this discussion,
just wanted to set the record straight with respect to the email below
and the referenced email of Ian [1].

The RDFa implementation used in our indexer is to the best of our
knowledge complete and correct with respect to the RDFa specification
with the exception of predicates in the xhtml namespace (which we
ignore). This is what feeds SearchMonkey, the new Yahoo! search page
with object drill-down functionality and the BOSS API.

The SearchMonkey object validators referenced by Ian are not RDFa
complete in that there are various ways to write down the same set of
triples that will not pass these validators. However, these validators
are intended for webmasters who are new to RDFa and are looking for at
least one correct way to embed RDFa markup into their pages. These
validators give them the signal that they have produced correct RDFa
(even if they could have done it differently). Put it differently, these
are not RDFa validators and they don't claim to be either.

Of course, if anyone finds any bugs, please let us know. We equally
welcome any other direct feedback, it doesn't have to be negative ;)

Best,
Peter

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Mar/0100.html