Re: what is dt?

From: Lars Gunther <gunther@keryx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:10:38 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
2009-09-17 13:25, Bruce Lawson skrev:
> Seems to me that's what it is already; spec says
>
> ... "Within a single dl element, there should not be more than one
> dt element for each name."

Yes. WITHIN a dl. If we put dt/dd in figure and details, I predict we
soon will have the outside of these as well.

I also predict a lot of dt's without a matching dd, in figure and
detail, since it seems redundant in those places.

> I'd support rubric, but Hixie's adamant that a new element not be baked.

I for one am still hoping that Ian listens as long as arguments are
being made. I see "rather not" kind of language from him and not "I have
made my mind up and it won't be changed until hell freezes over" on this
issue.

I think dl/dt is in the spec right now as it is the least bad option. I
think we should strive for an option that is better than that.

--
Lars Gunther
http://keryx.se/