Re: what is dt?

From: Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:42:40 +0100
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Smylers@stripey.com, public-html@w3.org
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Shelley wrote:
> Yes, I think that, among our other concerns, we can also include a
> concern about the mnemonics of dt/dd in Figure.

I agree that it feels counterintuitive to use <dt>/<dd> inside
<figure> but, IMHO, it does make sense inside <details> simply because
the word "details" begins with a letter D  just as dt/dd made sense
inside <dialog> when that element existed.

So if we're going to discuss either:
a) finding a better element to recycle for captioning <figure>s or
b) creating a new element for captioning <figure>s,
I think it would be good to keep <details> out of the discussion.

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o

http://adactio.com/