Re: Speakers in Dialogues (Was: what is dt?)

From: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:43:48 -0700
To: Eric Eggert <w3c@yatil.de>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Hi,

Eric wrote:

> For me there is a valid argument that a dialog should marked up along
> the same lines on every page.
[...]
> I think there is a need for marking up dialogs in general[....]
> I’d really like to see a nice solution to the problem.

There's been some work in the Microformats community on marking up chat
transcripts, covering several of the use cases <dialog> had been
intended for. Here are some of the relevant pages on the microformats
wiki:

    http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-brainstorming
    http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-formats
    http://microformats.org/wiki/chat-examples