Re: what is dt?

From: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:08:55 -0500
To: Smylers@stripey.com, public-html@w3.org
I could have accepted the use of dt and dd within a dialog, as the use
of dt and dd has been fairly standard use for dialogs in the past.

Or we could leave the dl, dt, and dd, as is, for use with dialogs in the
future, since this, again, has been fairly standard practice in the past
(and encouraged in HTML4).

But we dropped dialog in favor of paragraph elements, and using bold <b>
for the person ....(!?) And we've managed to find two new, completely
different uses of dt and dd.

I think we can safely say that the Design Principles that so many tout,
have been shot to hell with this decision.

Shelley