Re: FPWD Review Request: HTML+RDFa

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:25:25 +0300
Cc: "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "RDFa Developers" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Sep 3, 2009, at 15:06, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Treating xmlns as any other attribute seems like a violation of the
> architecture of Namespaces in XML to me. I.e. a layering violation.

Indeed, namespace declarations in XML don't appear in the [attributes]
property of an element information item in the Infoset. They appear in
the [namespace attributes] property and also affect the [in-scope
namespaces] property.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.element

It's highly unusual at the W3C to layer a spec (other than Namespaces
itself of course) directly on top of XML 1.0 instead of layering it on
top of XML + Namespaces (or the Infoset).

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi