Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:40:32 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:
> It is. Sorry.
>
> (Could you be more specific? What processing is this missing?)

A definition of the attribute would say what it's purpose is.

>> And it's incorrect in that it talks about a single URI, not a set of
>> URIs.
>
> HTML4 defined it as taking a single URI.

Nope. It's inconsistently defined, I think there's consensus that it
needs to be a list of URIs, and it is used that way in practice.

See <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-HEAD>:

"This attribute specifies the location of one or more meta data
profiles, separated by white space. For future extensions, user agents
should consider the value to be a list even though this specification
only considers the first URI to be significant."

BR, Julian