RE: Splitting out sections and submitting bugs (canvas, Microdata, et al) Re: Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs

Aryeh,

Just try to better understand your clarification on the editor's role
for specs, as I am a current editor at W3C WS-RA WG on four standard
specs, i.e. WS-Eventing, etc. I believe: "Editors normally have the
right to change Editor's Drafts unilaterally" must subject to two
constraints: a) the editor's change is to implement the WG consensus,
and b) it should not introduce any new semantics in the spec that are
beyond that.

An editor's role to a standard spec should be truly "editorial", and the
Editor's draft has to subject to WG and W3C approval and endorsement for
acceptance. I assume this is the norm for all editors working on W3C
specs, and it is the way we operate in WS-RA WG.

Thanks,

- Wu Chou.

Wu Chou, IEEE Fellow, Ph.D. | Director |Avaya Labs Research | AVAYA |
233 Mt. Airy Road| Rm. 2D48 | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 | Voice/Fax:
908-696-5198 / 908-696-5401 | wuchou@avaya.com
<blocked::mailto:wuchou@avaya.com>

 -- endorsed only by the editor, not necessarily the working group or
the W3C.