RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'Jonas Sicking'" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "'Leif Halvard Silli'" <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: "'Charles McCathieNevile'" <chaals@opera.com>, <public-html@w3.org>
Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Sorry, this was an overly broad statement. I should say that if two
> features are both designed to solve the same problem, then we should
> absolutely look at if both are really needed. In this case I see no
> reason to keep both.

Problem Statement:

	A complex image requires extended explanation to the non-sighted
user. Corporate design guidelines do not allow a visible link to
text-descriptions on screen, as the web-page interface is already too
"busy" per the graphic design team and confirmed via '(sighted)
user-testing'.

Solution?

JF