Re: Issues arising from not reparsing

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:21:49 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:03:19 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> Further research
>
> We could rerun the same data collection but this time with "scripting
> enabled" so that we can get data for <noscript>, and also include
> <script> so we could get more accurate results than the regexp searches,
> in order to find out whether the double escape algorithm can be tweaked
> somehow for better compat or less complexity.

<Philip`> zcorpan_:
http://philip.html5.org/data/cdata-containing-self-close-with-script.txt
<zcorpan_> Philip`: thanks!
<zcorpan_>
http://simon.html5.org/dump/cdata-containing-self-close-with-script.xml
<zcorpan_> 884 occurrences for script
<zcorpan_> 5 for noscript
<zcorpan_> two of the noscript have the encoding problem
<zcorpan_> one would show "-->"
<zcorpan_> one works equally with or without escapedness
<zcorpan_> and one has the
<zcorpan_> which will actually start to work as a trick with the currently
specified parsing rules

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20091026#l-282

I think we're fine with not supporting escapedness for noscript.

I'll have a look at the script occurrences and see if I can come to any
conclusion.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software