Re: Microdata: itemid attribute (feedback)

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:25:48 +0000
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: John Giannandrea <jg@metaweb.com>, public-html@w3.org
Hello Jonas

Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Given that RDF has been deployed for a while now, can you give any
>> example where this feature has been used? I.e. where several
>> *independent* parties have described properties of the same object,
>> and used this identifying mechanism to do it.

Yes there is one example I can think of ( not in a RDF sense ) I think
the uid class in microformats hcard is intended to be used as a unique
identifier of a hcard, it is also a url. The uid identifier is used to
determine a  representative hCard [1].
I like to think of it more as the canonical url of a hCard. Itemid and
uid do seem very similar in concept.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/representative-hcard

Thanks.

--