Re: Canvas 2D API specification update - defining the element or not

Philip Taylor wrote:
>> I'm afraid that taking it out of the general spec won't prevent
>> browser vendors from implementation, sans accessibility, which is
>> inacceptable.
>
> It's already been implemented natively in at least four desktop browser
> engines, years ago, so it's far too late to prevent implementation.

I know, we can't change what happened in the past, but a little
coordination before future features are implemented seems like a goal
worth striving for.  No browser supports all canvas features yet [1], so
now is the chance to integrate accessibility in the concept, rather than
crudely bolting on some Frankenstein fix as an afterthought.

Cheers,
   Martin

[1] http://philip.html5.org/tests/canvas/suite/tests/results.html