Re: Short-term workarounds - - <source> in <video>

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:44:42 -0700
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>

From: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
> What I meant was that the same problem that affected <itemref> in
> legacy
> browsers would also affect <source> in legacy browsers.
>
> e.g.
>
>   <video>
>    <source>
>   </video>
>
> ...gets parsed as (modulo whitespace):
>
>   <video>
>    <source>
>    </source>
>   </video>
>
> ...in legacy UAs.
>
> My point was that that wasn't a big deal and would not be a kiler
> problem
> for <itemref>.

Thanks Ian, and Tab,
The funny thing about that result is that it looks like it should work
as expected.
the nested html is an <object> then most viable legacy browsers could
fallback to something active, looks like?
No need to further nest an embed in there except for legacy legacy
(legacy^2) browsers.
Best Regards,
Joe