Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

Maybe people will
Le 21 oct. 2009 à 08:58, Steven Faulkner a écrit :
> >Such an error message can be silenced by removing the ARIA role,
> but its wording is focusing the use of the a-tag, thus encouraging
> the use of proper >markup.
>
> That is the crux of the issue, it can be silenced by reducing the
> accessibility of the existing content.

The button case has been somehow discussed by Joe Gregorio in the
past. There is a UX and design issue (not only accessibility) related
to the use of a link for a HTTP POST.
http://bitworking.org/news/I_m_sorry__I_can_t_kiss_it_and_make_it_better_

In the accessibility realm, What are we trying to solve? The following
pattern?

	Data input and/or selection, then click to create action.

Indeed having the possibility to add a role attribute on links for
encouraging designers to give good information would be useful. I
guess it could also help crawlers (need more thoughts).

In the UX realm, the browser buttons are hardly customizable in a way
which is useful for Web designers, which led to many tutorials as
Shelley mentioned. I don't have the feeling that there will be
browsers interoperability for button styling in a very near future.
How do we address designers needs and practices?

The role attribute on a element indeed would be useful.

There is still a big security and/or warning issue regarding the GET/
POST misusage.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada