Two New HTML TAGS suggestion for HTML Specs

From: Sergio Abreu <dosergio@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:04:16 -0300
To: public-html@w3.org
Hello Everybody

I am Sergio Abreu, Brazilian programmer, and a Web lover.

I was upgrading one amazing tool that I created (the Javascript Self
Explorer) and I had one insight:

I was editing these two lines (for instance):

Could you recognize a pattern in these two examples above ? Why to
repeat the same things in href and innerHTML?
It is redundance and I think it could be easier and faster to code if
HTML Specification had these two new tags (you can decide among: web,
link, mail and email).

So, I decide to test these two personalized XML tags:

When the page loads all web and email elements content are automatically
transformed in links.
Up to now, it is done by Javascript, in the onload event.
What I think would be amazing was if web browsers had this intelligence,
and those tags would be included in the next HTML Specification.

I know I could be anybody to suggest something, but I also believe that
anybody that uses the Web could have good ideas to improve it.

You can see my Javascript Self explorer at

Ops, our browsers are not prepared to render those links yet... Hope
they do it soon !

Best Regards

Sergio Abreu
São Paulo - Brazil