Re: Hyperlinks and content negotiation

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Mike Kelly <mike@mykanjo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and attention on this. With that, I'll get
> straight to the point:
>
> HTML does not currently provision for hyperlinks to indicate a specific
> content-type preference for the Accept header of a given request.

Just so that others know, I was sure we already had this discussion
already, and it appears you started it on the WHATWG list almost
exactly one year ago:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-November/017240.html

Unfortunately, because it was cross-posted to the rest-discuss list
and not everyone was subscribed to both lists, it's quite hard to
follow the thread in either archives, so I'd recommend searching by
the mail subject: "HTML5 and RESTful HTTP in browsers"

The conclusion was (more or less, as there hadn't really had a
conclusion) that it's HTTP-specific and HTML shouldn't have special
attributes that only work (have significant meaning) in specific
circumstances (using an HTTP URI in the <a href="">)

--
Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/