Re: Microdata design philosophies

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> No actually it isn't RDFa exist because people want to embed
>>> "specifically"
>>> RDF in X/HTML
>>>

>> That's not a use-case.  Nobody runs around thinking, "You know what
>> this page needs?  Some RDF!".
>
> You are a very funny man, do you need sleep
>
> RDFa (or *Resource Description Framework - in - attributes*)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdfa

Have you ever had a problem that is solved by RDF?

Or have you had problems that can be solved by embedding data in a
page so that scrapers/spiders/scripts/etc. can access it and associate
it with human-visible content, and used RDF as a tool to encode that
data and then RDFa as a tool to embed it?

If the latter, then RDF isn't a requirement, it's just a tool.  It may
be a good tool, but that's beside the point for the moment.  It's not
a *necessary* tool required by the problem.

If the former, then I'm interested in what this problem would look like!

~TJ