Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:20:24 -0700
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>

If you'd like to propose that Microdata should be removed from the
main spec, the best way to do that is to write a Change Proposal for
ISSUE-76. Would you like to volunteer to do that? Here's the info that
needs to be included.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

I would suggest that the Change Proposal should just be for removing
Microdata from the main spec. If the Change Proposal passes, and there
is interest in publishing Microdata as a standalone draft, then it
would probably be better for that work to be done by a Microdata
advocate.

Regards,
Maciej