Re: typeof document.all

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:40:54 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
> On the other hand, there are many potential performance tradeoffs to how
> exactly DOM attributes get implemented. This concern would be lessened
> if we could show that it's possible to use a variety of implementation
> strategies while getting consistent output from hasOwnProperty() and
> getOwnPropertyDescriptor().

I should note that I've recently considered making .style end up as a
property on nodes directly, instead of being a property on the prototype
in Gecko, for performance reasons.  This is almost certainly
script-detectable, though, if scripts define getters and setters for
.style on nodes directly...

-Boris