Re: HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:40:12 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 10/7/09 5:04 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Right now, we're putting this document our for discussion. It's very
>> important for Working Group members to read this document and give
>> questions or comments. Once we settle on a policy, we're going to follow
>> the procedures outlined and will expect Working Group members to be the
>> same. So now is a great time to ask about things that are unclear, or
>> suggest improvements.
>
> So from my point of view (as an implementor), the most relevant change
> seems to be that if I have a problem with the spec I should start by
> filing a bug rather than by posting on this list.  Is that about right?

I see it more as "don't start with an issue".  Step zero still allows
email (and, for that matter, IRC, postal mail, whatever).  But the draft
WG Decision Policy does recognize that email is effectively becoming
"best effort" to track.  See also [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1010.html