Re: HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion

From: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:10:52 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
CC: public-html@w3.org

> The model here is that the issues list is an escalation path if an
> editor is unwilling or unable to find a resolution to an issue to the
> satisfaction of the person bringing up the objection.  Similarly,
> decisions made by chairs can be overruled... ultimately up to the
> director.

I wanted to add that I appreciate the procedures outlined, and do
believe they ware a good step in the right direction.

I also realize I'm not a member of the Working Group, and the request
for comments were addressed to WG members. Having been through a couple
of these items, though, I thought my feedback could be helpful, to
ensure there were no potential gaps in understanding when the procedure
was put in place. Better to have comments now, then misunderstandings later.

Shelley