Re: Issues arising from not reparsing

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:30:29 +0200
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:34:42 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> Proposal #3 in http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/CDATA_Escapes reads:
>
>     For script, when in an escaped text span, set a flag after having
> seen
>     "<script" followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than. "</script"
>     followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than only closes the
> element
>     if the flag is not set, and otherwise emits the text and resets the
>     flag. Exiting an escaped text span also resets the flag.

Upon further reflection, it seems unnecessary to check the next character
after "<script", so I've changed the proposal to read:

    For script, when in an escaped text span, set a flag after having seen
    "<script". "</script" followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software