Re: Microdata vocabulary specifications

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 00:14:35 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>

>> As part of the recent Microdata update, I removed the predefined
>> vocabularies from HTML5. Would the working group like these vocabularies
>> to be published as separate deliverables of the HTMLWG?
>>

> I think that would be a good idea. If the working group is agreeable, I'll
> propose that removing predefined vocabularies and publishing them separately
> should be the resolution to ISSUE-73. <
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/73>

Sounds good to me. I don't know what mozillas plans are regarding
implementing support for any particular microdata vocabulary, however I do
think that we'd like to add support for the microdata DOM API fairly soon,
as well as implement specific hooks to allow easy development of extensions
that implement support for microdata vocabularies.

/ Jonas